Your vision is a precious asset, making the choice of an optometrist as pivotal as selecting a primary healthcare physician. To guide you in making an informed decision, here are five essential factors to consider:
1. Gather Referrals:
- Optometrists play a pivotal role in diagnosing eye diseases and maintaining the health of your visual system.
- Start your search with recommendations from trusted sources: friends, family, or your primary healthcare provider.
2. Prioritize Communication:
- Open dialogue is the foundation of effective eye care.
- Choose an optometrist who encourages questions, listens actively, and respects your treatment choices.
3. Assess Experience and Credentials:
- The optometrist’s experience and qualifications can significantly impact the quality of care you receive.
- Inquire about their training, certifications, and the number of patients they’ve treated with conditions similar to yours.
4. Dive into Patient Reviews:
- Patient feedback provides a window into the clinic’s operations.
- Look for comments about the doctor’s expertise, the responsiveness of the staff, and the overall clinic environment.
5. Consider Technology and Services:
- Modern optometry has greatly benefited from technological advancements.
- Ensure the clinic is equipped with the latest technology and offers a comprehensive range of services, from routine eye exams to specialized treatments.
Meet the Dedicated Team at Eyedeology Optometry Clinic:
- Dr. Farrah Sunderji: A past president of the Calgary Society of Optometrists (CSO) and an active member of various optometry associations. Dr. Sunderji is deeply passionate about eye care and is committed to preserving your vision for life.
- Dr. Jessica Yang: A proud Calgarian, Dr. Yang completed her Bachelor of Science in Biology from the University of Calgary and pursued her optometry passion at the University of Waterloo.
- Dr. Margaret Penny: With nearly 40 years of private practice in Calgary, Dr. Penny emphasizes individualized diagnostic vision care, believing that quality vision care enhances one’s life quality.
- Dr. Aaron Hesla: A native Calgarian, Dr. Hesla has been practicing optometry since 2006, with special interests ranging from pediatrics and myopia control to dry eye therapy and multi-focal contact lenses.
- Dr. Marilyn Wong: After practicing optometry in downtown Calgary for many years, Dr. Wong now specializes in multifocal contact lenses, computer and lifestyle eyeglasses, dry eye care, and stays updated on eye health technology.
After your initial appointment, evaluate your experience. Reflect on the waiting time, the depth of the exam, the clarity of communication, and your overall comfort level. Your satisfaction is paramount, so if something feels off, it might be worth exploring other options.
Still Need Help Choosing An Optometrist? Discover Premier Optometry Services at Eyedeology Optometry Clinic:
Located in the heart of Calgary, our team is dedicated to preserving your vision. From advanced contact lens fittings and glaucoma testing to emergency eye care, we’re here to serve your every need. For added convenience, we accept various insurance plans and offer flexible payment options.
Ready to prioritize your eye health? Reach out to us at (587) 353-5061 or book an appointment online. And don’t forget to follow Eyedeology Optometry Clinic on Instagram for the latest updates and eye care tips!
Why is it important to have regular eye exams?
Regular eye exams are essential not only for updating your prescription but also for detecting early signs of eye diseases. Early detection can lead to more effective treatments and prevent potential vision loss.
How often should I get my eyes checked?
For adults, it's recommended to have an eye exam every 1-2 years. However, if you have specific eye conditions or are at risk, more frequent visits might be necessary. Children and seniors should have annual check-ups.
What should I bring to my eye appointment?
Please bring any glasses or contact lenses you currently use, a list of medications, and any questions or concerns you might have about your vision. If you have previous eye exam records, those can be helpful too.
Do you offer contact lens fittings?
Yes, at Eyedeology Optometry Clinic, we provide comprehensive contact lens fittings to ensure you get the most comfortable and suitable lenses for your eyes.
Can I bring my child for an eye exam?
Absolutely! We offer eye exams for children and believe in the importance of early detection and treatment for any potential vision issues.